Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 29, 2008


"Matt"
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes:
10 pushups
10 situps
10 squats
This workout is named after my good friend who is deploying on January 5. That reminds me that we've also got to come up with one for Jimmy, which will have to include muscle-ups.
Someone asked me the other day about the method behind WOD madness-- eg., is there any system or pattern to the programming? The answer is YES. Of course! "Matt," for example, is a single modality workout as it involves only gymnastic, or bodyweight, exercises. The other two modalities are cardiovascular and weightlifting. You'll note that during any given week we have some single, some double, and some triple modality days. However, it doesn't have to be a triple modality day for something to kick your butt. "Matt" is single, as I said, but if you do it with some effort and pepper, you will definitely be smoked at the end of 20 minutes! The real Matt, by the way, is not single. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, aren't any of you lazy people working? Come on- where's the witty reparte?
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I'm on vacation in or. Put me down for 20 reps. Jay.

Anonymous said...

I'm at work. It's after 5:00 and there's no end in sight. I need to get out of here in time to make it to class. Over the holiday I ate enough food to feed a rather large country. The words, "No thank you, I'm full" were temporarily erased from my vocabulary.

Mustafa said...

Here it is: "Witty repartee."

Now that's over, on to the banal. After getting a cold for Xmas ("Thanks a lot, Santa!") >:-( I sort of missed out on XFit, but I'm well enough to return today. AND RETURN I DID GODA%$IT! I easily beat Jay's 20 (mostly because I was there, man! and partly because he should have simply put himself down for 30 reps - duh!) It felt good to get back in the saddle, and I can't wait fer THE SHREDDER. Let's send out 2008 with a gasp, huff, wheeze, grunt and hoorah (which sounds almost like taking a No. 2 if you're not in the right mindset)! But you WILL feel a great sense of relief when you knock that sucker out (the Shredder, that is).

Photo inset: my homage to "Matt": Dean Martin as Matt Helm.

Anonymous said...

11AM
Chris-17
Victoria-16
Angela-17
Luis-26
Jon-16
Angie-18
Sarah-16
Jonathan-17
Mustafa-21
Camille-17
Deanna-21
Jason-16

First Timers
Jesse-13
Rikki-14