Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 25, 2009


Just as you thought your core could take no more...Core-tastic! Complete as many knees to elbows, hollow rocks, Abmat sit-ups, back extensions, GHD sit-ups and supermans as you can in 30 minutes. The catch: you must have an equal amount of reps done for each exercise at the end of 30 minutes. Easiest way to keep track is to pick a number for each exercise and then count your rounds as you go. The number can change obviously the closer you get to time being called. At the end the lowest number on any given exercise is what you get across the board. As Jenn's stand in I believe it is my professional responsibility to admonish those of you who chose to skip the run day yesterday. Running is essential to overall fitness. Somebody is somewhere, getting chased by something right now. They are wishing they had run more when given the opportunity, free from possible impending death. I'm just sayin. Hope to see everybody tomorrow at Cherry-10am for FGBIV...no running involved. See you there.

9 comments:

Adam said...

I just want to note again that I ran at the track and did not skip the run day.

Lori J said...

Bring on the 6-pack baby...yeehaaa!

DeeAnna said...

It was too hot to run yesterday. I have yet to find the perfect running temperature. Not sure it even exists.

Carmen said...

I would have come to run yesterday but I was busy feeling hot, horrible, and falling asleep in a giant pool of my own sweat.

Luis said...

I've been running for 27 years, can't I take a day off?

Mustafa said...

Typical Lori: always ready to party.

I took today off (though Coretastic is one of my favorite WODs) to rest up for FGB tomorrow. If you are not raising money, maybe you'd like to donate. Here's a link to my donation page, if that works for you. Even if you donate $5, you'd be doing a lot! Nobody said you had to donate a lot; if more people donated just a little, it becomes a lot in the long run.

Don't be shy: COME ON OUT TO FGB IV!!!

Steven said...

Long Beach

9:00am

Total number of reps of each

Lori 70
Andrew T 60
Elmer 60

11:00am

Adam 83
Ruth 80
Gladys 62
Andrew G 75
Ben 85


Great work today, abs of steel!

Tom said...

do you have to be a member to participate in FGB? and if not is it too late?

jay said...

Tom,

I believe all you have to do is show up and work out. If you want to contribute that is another story but anyone can come and workout without any financial obligation. That is the way I understand it.

I didn't do 400's yesterday but I played 1 1/2 hours of basketball, running included. :-)