Tuesday, November 18, 2008

WOD November 19, 2008


"Nicole"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
Run 400 meters
Max rep Pull-ups
97 pushups, to boot.
If you were in last night, you may have noticed that a) there was a funny looking baldish man behind the desk, and b) I started making a Wall of Fame. The funny looking guy is Josh, for those of you who don't know him, and he'll be working the desk, laughing at us while we work out, you know- the usual. Be sure to say "hi."
In regards to the WoF, I know not everything is up there yet, but I'm working on it, and as we go along and complete WOD's the list will only grow. My intention is also to have things like "Biggest Improvement," "Best Attitude," and "Most Likely to be President of the United States" (that'd be Chris- he's got that whole JFK thing going). Here's the deal- if you beat someone's time/score/etc., it needs to be in front of someone, preferably an instructor. And we're going to start putting dates up as we go too.
I saw that at Crossfit Greyskull (not sure if it's Greyskull as in He-Man, but I can't imagine what else), they put up an inspirational quote on their blog every day. I thought that was pretty cool, so I'm instituting it (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery). I figure we'd start with one of our own: "Release the Pansiness." - Alan Predolin
Here are Kim, Mustafa, and Lizen- allegedly at the Mud Run, but I don't think they look too muddy...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Josh has jumped ship? What are we gonna do at Tustin without him?

Hi Jenn!

Mustafa said...

The total number of pushups is 5050. We should add one more day of 100 so the total can be 5150, in honor of Welfare & Institutions Code § 5150, which comes with a three-day vacation:

"When any person, as a result of mental disorder, is a danger to others, or to himself or herself, or gravely disabled, a peace officer, member of the attending staff, as defined by regulation, of an evaluation facility designated by the county, designated members of a mobile crisis team provided by Section 5651.7, or other professional person designated by the county may, upon probable cause, take, or cause to be taken, the person into custody and place him or her in a facility designated by the county and approved by the State Department of Mental Health as a facility for 72-hour treatment and evaluation. ..."

You've got be crazy to do that many pushups. (Um ... I just did 97; why are there are guys outside my window with butterfly nets?)

DeeAnna said...

Shouldn't the wall of fame really be called "Kim & Jason & Peter's Greatest Hits"? Unless the WOD involves lots of running. Then it's all Luis.

Anonymous said...

No, no Deanna!!! Nice try though. You were up there for something last night for a few minutes (until I saw Angie had beaten your time). But read the blog tonight for some information about yourself (good stuff).
Jenn
PS-Hi anonymous person from presumably Tustin! Yes, I used my siren-like abilities to woo Josh to Crossfit for awhile, but he's still in the big T on Saturdays.

Anonymous said...

97 done..only 3 more days!!!

Anonymous said...

97 done!
Almost there!

Kim Ball said...

Jenn, did you see how dark my legs are in that photo... that's not a tan, my friend!

Why don't you come join us in the next mud run to see first-hand how truly muddy it can be... I dare ya.

First time @ the 5:30am slot this morning. Not too bad! I think I had such a good time b/c I kicked Ray's ass, of course :)

Oh, got a new "interactive" post on my blog
AND I started a new video series about my pet peeves in the gym on my YouTube channel
Word up!

Anonymous said...

You guys really kicked ass today, the only bad part is that I forgot to bring the score cards home from the WOD today. Sorry 'bout that... I'll get them up tomorrow just so everyone can see how f-----g sick Crossfit360 is!

word verification-referon...is that some Bob Marley B-Side?

Anonymous said...

97 done!!!!Go us!