Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WOD November 26, 2008


So, due to an intervention by the universe, we will not be doing "Jason" today. For now, suffice it to say that a portion of the workout must be done outside- and if it keeps raining like it is right now, we're going to have some very unhappy customers and a slip-n-slide for a gym floor if we follow through with my original plan.
Fortunately... Kim gave me a good idea. I neglected to include burpees in Sloane's workout! Over 20 years of education, and I totally missed that. Pathetic. But a new day dawns :) [insert sinister laughter here]
For time:
10 burpees
1 tricep dip
9 burpees
2 tricep dips
and so on until you arrive at...
1 burpee
10 tricep dips
Try not to let the fact that you've lived in California for awhile cause you to not do things (like come to the gym) simply because it's raining.
Don't forget the Group Shredder Workout this Saturday at 10 am!
Quote of the Day: "The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it." - Wayne Gretzky

9 comments:

Kim Ball said...

Thanks, Jenn.
Thanks for throwing me under the bus with the burpee thing!
I have no friends now...
Not that the wall of fame has helped.
But, now, everyone's gonna be spitting on me and saying "oh, it was only a drop of rain!"
Really, guys, I was just repeating something that Kirk mentioned... Honestly!

Mustafa said...

Well, at least no one suggested "pukies." :-) I forgive you Kim; besides, it's got to be better than "Jason," a name that sends sharp pains through my muscles upon the mere utterance.

Anonymous said...

Better you than me, Kim! How do you think it feels being the one who does the programming (sniff, sniff)? I'm perhaps the most hated person in Long Beach. Well, maybe that's a bit dramatic. But I know I'm probably cursed a lot more on a daily basis.
And, trust me: Burpees are nothing compared to what "Jason" has in store for us.
-Jenn

Anonymous said...

hey there jenn no one is cursed more the instructors, always pushing you, when all you want to do is lay down and die. so jason a,mike,steve get it the most. and kim you have a lot of friends with your numbers you put up,just don't bring up burpies again.

Anonymous said...

I'll give you guys a hint for the workout dubbed 'Jason'...
Wait, no I won't...HAHA!

word verification-adsmi, as in...
adsmi puke in the trash can!

Kim Ball said...

Jenn, how could anyone hate you?? You're too cute!

And I promise, Jason, I won't mention burpees again. Next time, I'll mention pullups! Mua ha ha!

New interactive post on my blog, folks!

Have a happy turkey day!!
Have fun gobble, gobbling... :)

Anonymous said...

Way to crank it out this morning!
5:30AM
Victoria-7:17mod
Karina-9:31mod/first timer
Marissa-8:22rxd
Mustafa-6:56rxd w/some rings
Kim-7:21rxd
Larry-12:07rings
Ricky-11:57mod
Lil' Victoria-13:36mod
Ray-7:08rxd
Tiffany-13:26mod

11AM
Matt-10:56rings
Tom-7:02

Great job and don't forget about the post Thanksgiving shredder workout on Saturday@10AM!!!

Aaron P said...

cool, i can do this one up in northern california. cant wait to get back.

Anonymous said...

Sorry niteowls, forgot to post your times last nite.
6PM
Chris-9:51rxd
Jose-7:59mod
Sergio-9:08mod
Letty-11:01mod

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone and be sure to show up for the Saturday shredder workout. Bring your family and friends so you can show them how bad-ass you are!!!

How perfect, the word verification- cheati, as in...no cheati on the workouts!