Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WOD November 6, 2008


Whew. Let's give those legs a break today.
40-30-20-10
Ring Dips
Elevated Pushups
Still working on the ring dips? It's all good. The best alternative and *the one I'd like you to do* is pure negatives, in which you jump up to lockout (of your arms), then slowly (and with control) lower yourself down. The ratio for these is 2:1 (which means you'll do 80-60-40-20). Next best = dips on the tire or dip rack (ratio is 3:1).
Elevated pushups? Put your feet on the ring or the tire, baby.
Today's WOD will take care of your 83 pushups- isn't that nice?
Thanks guys for following the blog. We're at 9 and going strong- so keep it up and become a follower (remember when you were in high school?- that's the idea) if you haven't registered to follow the blog yet.
In other news, I started a myspace account for Crossfit360. If you've got a myspace, find it and be my friend. Right now I only have one friend, Tom, and I'm pretty sure he has to be your friend (you know, like how your friends HAVE to tell you your new haircut looks good).
When you're doing this tough WOD, don't forget- however hard a time you feel you are having, remember there are others who have it much, much worse, whether it's because they are doing pushups in Afghanistan, or because they can't do pushups at all.

13 comments:

Kirk said...

It's both flattering and humbling to know that Jason H. has stepped up and volunteered to be my very own personal speedo designer--good looking out brother. Although apparently because of Kim's request, I'm going to need something more in the way of some backless chaps. I could still represent by getting CrossFit360 tattooed where the sun don't "normally" shine.

Busy week so I haven't been in, but yesterday I did do the WOD from the main CF site: 10 rounds of 10 pullups and 10 thrusters 65#.

Anonymous said...

Word verification = hundi (seriously) as in "I'm going to put a hundi in Kirk's speedo when he wears it."
-Jenn

Anonymous said...

pushups done

Anonymous said...

man that was a tuff ass wod!!! look out kirk soon you will become the 360 crossfit model,standing in the ring strutting your stuff in your pink speedo's that say "hundi and 360 crossfit" on the ass. remember to think your a sexy kitten in the ring when dr jenn is taking your pic's for the blog and her own website,for the world to see!! my word verification "onesson"

Anonymous said...

Great work everyone who made it in to tear it up on the rings! You may ask yourself why the nicknames. You say why I say why not. Oh and everyone chose their own names by the way.

Victoria 21:34 Neg(x).5
Lizen 39:12Tire
Jim the "Perpetual" 18:23RX
Kim the "Animal" 18:58RX
Lisa the "lion" 19:50Tire
Alex the "Blank" 18:56RX
Jason the "Bird is the word" 20:40RX
Matt the "machine" 18:19RX
Robin the "freedom" 20:30RX
Peter the "other guy" 10:40RX
Aaron the "I dont know" 17:58RX


Andy "the old guy" 13:40RunSquats

Kim Ball said...

Andy, you're not old!!
All the "old" guys are sitting at home on their assess!

Okay - last post about this...
San Diego Mud Run on Sunday November 16th! We've got 9 people going so far. Email me if you wanna join us: deliberatemovement@gmail.com

And - PLEASE help my blog readers learn how to post comments! If you do me a favor and post on MY BLOG, I'll love you forever...

Victoria said...

I officially one of the heard followers. Today's work out was vicious.Kim I'll be seeing you in San Diego!

jim said...

Kirk, all chaps are backless. If they had a back, they'd be pants. And what fun would that be?

pushups done, and the word verification is "bartles," I guess in honor the first half of the famous wine cooler duo of Bartles and James. Oh, the hangovers they have caused . . .

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, I love us. I really think we are great. We are so funny and fit and fabulous.
(Sorry about this guys. I'm working on the myspace page and I think it's causing a drop in my IQ).
Jenn

Anonymous said...

hey DR.JENN do we have to follow your myspace page to? we will cause you are the cult leader,i'll get kirk and his pink speedo's and assless chap's to follow to.
my word verification proesi. sounds like a muscle relaxer, witch i can use after that wod

Anonymous said...

Good job guys!! Hope everyones arms are still working after that wod.

Luis 20:44 rxd
Kevin 24:47 rxd
Deeanna 19:58 tire

See you guys next week.

Anonymous said...

I've been gone again...too much time away from CF....still keeping up with the push-ups though. I finally made it back in tonight and those ring dips are no joke.

Anonymous said...

push ups are done!!!