Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 2, 2009


Seriously, is there a better first Crossfit WOD of the year? And it's practically fate because you have a rest day prior, and a possible rest day the day after too :)
"Murph"
For Time:
1 mile run
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 squats
1 mile run
New to Crossfit? Try mini-Murph:
For Time:
800 m run
50 pullups
100 pushups
150 squats
800 m run
Chop up the pullups, pushups, and squats as needed. 10-20-30 x 10 is always a favorite.
If you've done Murph before- check your old time- that last time we did it was 9/11/08, which is archived on the blog.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." --Jack Dempsey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

starting the new year with a bang!!can't make it in Friday due to severe back and leg pain from the shredder.but Saturday maybe...

Mustafa said...

I am so P.O.'d!!!! On the one hand, I was kind of glad to be doing Murph again -- you know, in that crazy thank-you-sir-may-I-have-another kinda way? It gave me a sense of accomplishment last time, so i was looking to replicate. On the other hand, hey, it's Murph.

I ran with Kim, who set a good pace on the opening mile. Chris was nice enough to stay between 200 - 300 meters ahead of us all so we didn't feel too slow.

I started breaking up the sets with 5/10/15's, but Kim and Chris were doing 10/20/30's, so I thought "I can probably do that." Dang it if that didn't make the whole thing seem to go faster! But by the time I hit the final mile, I was just going to be happy to finish, with the squats playing squeeze-lock on my thighs. The first lap was basically a walk. The second lap was mostly a run. The third lap (with Kim's help, who joined me even though she was done) even included a sprint. 53:17.

I was a little disappointed with the time, because I wanted to hit 45:00, and I was sure that I had slowed down some (especially because of the first lap of the final mile). I checked the log, and dangit if I didn't actually improve anyway, shaving off a minute and 4 seconds from my last time! *&%$! I probably could have shaved off another minute if I had managed my squats differently! Sure, it's not as fast as Luis (who IS a robot), but I was glad to know I improved a little. So I guess XFit is still working! :-)

Long post? I know. Take that, Josh! >:-(

Anonymous said...

Hey good job!! Way to start off the new year!! You guys really pushed yourselves!! Great times!!

ap=assisted pull ups

9am
Luis 32:35
Jim 35:25
Andrea 46:55 ap
Marissa 48:43 ap

11am
Kim 38:21
Chris 43:17
Mustafa 53:17
Jay 54:45

Mini murph
Jesse 28:49
Oscar 28:24