Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 29, 2009


Check out the first Matrix shredder :P
Well, Mustafa asked for it... don't shoot the messenger...
"Kelly"
5 rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
30 box jumps
30 Wall ball shots
I just wanted to take a minute and let you all know how awesome you are. Seriously. I love being in the gym when people are working out hard, sweating all over the place, pushing themselves, encouraging each other, heckling each other, talking to each other while they are trying to recover after a workout. I think we have the most amazing group of people who work out at our place. Everyone brings something different, whether it's a great sense of humor, superstar athleticism, always a kind word for someone, or a lion-heart approach to the workouts. You guys are truly an inspiration.
You've also got to hand it to a group of awesome instructors, and staff (who could forget our Un-fitter? (Josh). They work SO hard, you guys-- and again, everyone brings something different to their classes.
I think the picture of the kittens from a few days ago had an effect on me... Sorry. I'll be back to sarcastic New Yorker mode tomorrow, I promise.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Jenn, it's a great place to workout and just be. Our next t-shirt moto perhaps? . . .

CROSSFIT 360: DOUCHE BAG FREE!

Anonymous said...

That is a very, very good idea! Love it!
word verification= hoter, as in "Crossfit girls are hoter than regular girls." ;)
Jenn

Anonymous said...

How about...
'douche bag free since 1897'

5:30AM
Rob 49:27
John 47:38
9AM
Sarah 29:40
Jeremy 23:15
Luis 22:50
Lisa 29:34
Kim 24:02
Moose 31:38

Luis said...

What about
Crossfit: Douche Bags, need not apply
or
Crossfit: Kid tested, mother approved

Mustafa said...

Whoa buddy! Did you see the Matrix shredder video? Do I really look that gay when I walk?! (Not that there's anything wrong with that ...) Cheesus! Dr. Jenn, I'm going to have to get a restraining order to prevent further reproduction or public exhibition of me walking on my toes (which I tend to do when I'm exhausted from working out). That is soooo gay!!! (Not that there's anything wrong with that ...) Please, for my sake, focus on the tough-guy gestures at the end where I'm signaling "Let's do it again": that's more like it! Otherwise ... (not that there's anything wrong with that ...)

Whoa! What's with the Liza Minnelli photo ?!?!?!?! HOWZ ABOUT THEM STEELERS? ANYBODY CATCH UFC LAST WEEK? I'M GONNA GET A 6-PACK OF BUD AND GO STEER WRANGLING. ANYBODY WANNA GO HUNTING? CHECK OUT THE COVER OF MAXIM THIS MONTH: THAT BABE'S SMOKIN! YUP: JUST MANLY STUFF HERE FRIENDS.

Anonymous said...

Mooae. That is so funny. I have to admit i thought the same thing when i saw the video. You nring a whole new meaning to crossfit. Maybe our new shirts should say; "cross dressers need not apply."
Jay

Anonymous said...

that's why when you brought your purse in no one question it moose

Mustafa said...

Crossdressers can join: we all wear shorts & tees, so I don't think it matters. And we don't discriminate (except for douchebags). I'm just sayin there's a difference when you're tryin to walk the walk and when some smarty pants doctor clearly "doctors" footage of you to make it seem ... well ... not as one intended ... when walking on his toes ... apparently sashaying ... I'm ... I'm just gonna stop right there. :-{ <--- and what's with the Freddie Mercury mustache??? AAARRRRGGGGGHHH!!!)

Anonymous said...

Great job tonight and good to see people taking advantage of the new classes added to the schedule.

Jon 29:43
Al 28:52
Cesar 38:17
Victor 38:17
Julie 34:54

Kim Ball said...

I looked back on the blog and checked my last Kelly time, just for kicks (Oct 22nd, btw), and I found some interesting stats... Lisa, Moose, and I all shaved off at least 4 minutes from our last time!!
Do we rock, or what? :)
I'd have to say we've avoided douche bag status yet again!

Mustafa said...

Kimmie, that's what I've noticed too. For a couple of WODs I've felt that sucky feeling that I'm pooping out, only to find that my times have improved. XFit works! I believe that it can get only better as we put ourselves into it. With the great instruction by Steven, Jason, Mike V and Dr. Jenn, we get better in our technique and our effort. And with your phenomenal technique and demonstration. Thanks for the reminder, Kimmie ("Kimmie!" - My Best Friend's Wedding.)

Anonymous said...

Tom 25:55
Grisselle 32:28
John 43:25