Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 21, 2009 + New Classes


"Mr. Joshua"
Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 GHD sit-ups or Abmat Situps
250 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
I *highly* recommend scaling this, particularly if you are new to Crossfit. Discuss with your coach, but there are many ways to scale it- you can decrease the number of rounds, the weight of the deadlift, and/or the number of reps. Please don't let your ego get in the way. Please. And, guys, you know who you are... ;)
Please remember: EFFECTIVE MONDAY JANUARY 26, there will be the following additional classes: Monday, Wednesday at 5 pm; Tuesday, Thursday at 6 pm. The current schedule won't change- we're just adding to it. Also, please don't forget the first Matrix class is tonight at 7 pm, and there will be a Lift Seminar on January 24th at 10 am. Newbies must attend the Lift Seminar! :)
And... Matrixers, I'll be setting up your own private blog/website area today (Wednesday). I'll have that info for you at our first class. Looking so forward to seeing everyone! No laughing, please. The swelling has gone down a great deal, but I still look kind of... weird. Well, weirder than usual.
Wisdom tooth status= one dry socket. Ever had one? Post experience to comments. My personal feeling is that it's the dental equivalent of Murph.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to have 6 wisdom teeth. The 4 regulars and 2 extra ones up near my sinus cavity. And yes, they were all removed at the same time. Talk about good times. I too suffered the vicodin/antibiotic vomit fest. Apparently it's not a good idea to take medication while not eating and swallowing large amounts of blood. Who knew? The animal I most resembled at the time was a cross between a chipmunk and the elephant man. Jenn, I feel your pain. I've been having flashbacks all week. Look on the bright side. Having your wisdom teeth removed may be the dental equivilent of Murph, but you never have to do it again.

Kim Ball said...

Ah yes... dry socket.
Thought I was in the clear after a couple days of recovery (all 4 out at the same time for me, too) - then I got the horrible, terrible, agonizing pain throughout my entire jaw in the middle of the night. The waiting was unbearable. To make matters worse, they basically stuff some sort of medicated cloth directly into the affected sockets. Ouch! I feel your pain, Jenn.

6 wisdom teeth, Deanna? You must be a pretty smart lass! Or at least, you were...

Mustafa said...

Awww Jenn ... you look so cuuuuute! A little furry, but cuuuuute! And look at Kim the comedian!

Mr. Joshua is not as bad as he seems. Apparently I was going slower than I thought; but then again, I have time-challenge issues anyway. My 29:54 I figure is decent (though I think 15:00 is top notch). Not that I know anything about proper form, but I would caution people to be sure to emphasize good form on the deadlifts, as high reps for time can sometimes give way to bad habits (that will hurt later if left uncorrected). On the run: screw form, get sloppy, run naked for all I care. Oh wait: yeah, run naked. :-p

Anonymous said...

Hi Crossfitters,
I do miss everyone at class but unfortuneatly I'm nursing a few injuries. I did the "Fran on the move" at work yesterday and wonder if I did something wrong.
I ran 400 meters,then 21 thrusters, 21 pullups, 15 thrusters, 15 pullups, 9 thrusters, 9 pullups, round 1. I did this twice more for a total of 3 rounds. It took close to 1 hour to complete and I look at the posted times from 10 to 20 minutes. Am I that out of shape or maybe I did more? I need advice.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Great job today! Good to see you all pushing yourselves with this one!

Efren 27:19 135#
Jon 43:40 175#
Diana 28:01 95#
Mustafa 29:54 RXD
Victor 35:44 95#
Oscar 19:18 115#
Tyler 19:28 115#
Angela 26:23 145#
T 33:45 RXD
Jeremy 22:11 185#
Steve 27:56 90#
Elena 21:30 65#
Sino 23:26 100#
Jim 19:35 185#

Rob Mod Kelly 30/20/10 20:11

Anonymous said...

Holy crap!!!
Lot's of you machines at crossfit tonite. Great job pushing yourselves everyone...
6PM
Margo 24:05
Jon 29:50
Dylan 24:05
Julie 28:15
Alex 30:20
Jason H. 31:24
Velika 28:12
Alex T. 27:12
Alison 25:49
Denise 32:37
Lisa 27:32
Jesse 26:06
Lily 31:58
Larry 22:00
Ricky 20:40
Sorry...forgot to write down your weights, but you know what you did and what you need to do next time, haha!!!
Mod Kelly (3 rounds)
Trevis 15:49

7PM Matrix
Kim 18:56 185#
Angela 18:40 115#
Luis 23:34 185#
Jay 25:34 185#
DeeAnna 22:37 105#
Tom 23:26 165#
Angie 21:36 105#

Mustafa said...

Andy, YOU are a wild man. The WOD was run then 21s, run then 15s, run then 9s. YOU get extra extra credit for what most of us will come to hate you for: creating a new WOD called "FrAndy."

Anonymous said...

Frandy- I like it... I like it...
;)
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Well on one hand is nice to know that I'm not as out of shape as I thought. I feel a lot better today after my Chiropractor Dr. Kennedy popped my bicep tendon back into place. I LOVE crossfit!! Really!!

Mustafa said...

OF COURSE I'm doing the Matrix! To preserve space, they didn't list my Joshua time, which I did at 5:30am (I did a different one at 7pm). THANK GOODNESS FOR PRESERVING SPACE! :-)