Friday, May 8, 2009

May 9, 2009


Rest... or Make-up a WOD... or work on your double unders or cleans.
5050: 25-25-25 (Hey, we're a quarter of the way there... if you look at it one way...)
So, we've mentioned a thing or two about the Affiliate Cup- but here are some more details: The CrossFit Games 2009 Affiliate Cup Challenge will start early on Friday, July 10th, 2009. There will be 1-3 team workouts (format to be announced later). The top 5 teams from these days events will then move forward to the Affiliate Cup Finals on Sunday morning, July 12th (prior to the Men's and Women's Top CrossFitter Finals). The winning team on Sunday will then be the 2009 CrossFit Games Top Affiliate.

An Affiliate Team can consist of a minimum of four to a maximum of six. The team needs to have a minimum of two men and two women. You must actively train at the affiliate facility to be part of a team.

All the workouts will be conducted as team workouts with teams of four. Two men and two women will be competing at one time as a team. This will allow team captains or coaches to substitute members prior to an event based on team members' individual strengths and weaknesses.

Pictured here is Crossfit Oakland, the winners of the 2008 Affiliate Cup. What do you think?- Can we take them? :)

16 comments:

Mustafa said...

Of course we can beat them!!!! I'm more than willing to be on the affiliate team, but I think there are a bunch of powerhouses here who I'd pick first. Tom had a great suggestion: we should have a qualifier WOD for interested persons and pick willing souls from the top finishers. Sounds like a good excuse for a shredder to me.

I'm up; I'm tired; but it's only 10 minutes from now -- I'm going to have the number 25, no cheese, over easy, I'll pass on the fruit, but I might like a nice tomato later on. What are you having?

Mustafa said...

Two bits ... and I'm spent.

Carmen said...

I too shall have the 25 WITH cheese. Hey, I'll have Moose's cheese, too because cheese rocks SO HARD!!!

Anonymous said...

25's done, wendy and dave

Luis said...

25's done, here's an inspirational quote:

"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."
-Homer Simpson

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE YOU WILL TAKE THEM!!!
Are you kidding me?! You guys are part of the BEST Crossfit program I have EVER seen! I look forward to seeing you compete @ the upcoming games, & good luck! Congrats to Kim + 3 competitors, I am so proud of you guys, you continue to inspire me every day with your awesomeness & resolve! It makes me feel like I can do it too! YOU ROCK MY SOCKS!!! I <3 U!!!

jim said...

Just caught up with the 5050 after three days of neglect. Why do I keep making that mistake?

I think we can take them, but I'd like to point out that the guy farthest down and left looks very much like a well-polished piece of mahogany furniture wearing shorts. Everyone else looks totally take-able.

Jason Hanks said...

25 dizone...


Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure..

DeeAnna P said...

25 are done,

Jason A said...

If anyone is interested in joining the Crossfit360 Affiliate Cup Team, send me an email ASAP to- jason@crossfit360.com

Keep training hard LB and Tustin!

Jason A said...

LB
10AM

Annie
Dave 14:25M
Wendy 14:49M
Shannon 17:55M
(Getting faster guys!)

Coretastic
Ken 10/10/10/15/15/10/10/3
AnneMarie 10/10/10/10/10/3/1/1/1
Ben 15/10/10/10/10/10/5/3/1/1
Tom 15/20/10/10/10/5/5/1
(Awesome scramble at the end guys!)

200m run & Cleans
Luis 10:35 105#
(Looking much better!)

Baseline WOD
Jay
Alison
Pat
(Jen has the times...Awesome work grinding out the rounds back-to-back!)

Anonymous said...

25s done.

Efren said...

24's & 25's done

Efren & Adrianna

Anonymous said...

Um... Make that...

25s done...

Jahn...

p.s.

Word verification: chlest

I don't know what that means but I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

Anonymous said...

I left the times at the gym (by the computer, where I thought Jason would see them). Ah well. Suffice it to say that Allison set a new record at 4:24, while Pat and Jay nipped at her heels the whole time (not literally).
Jenn

Chrisley :] said...

veinticinco
Chris & Harry