Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 21, 2009



This WOD doesn't have a name, but I think "Sheer Evil" is a good one:
For time:
4 rounds
400 m Run
50 Squats (on the med ball, slackers!)
5050: 37-37-37

Don't forget we are closed the 22nd, 23rd, and 25th. Take some motherf*ing time off, you nutjobs. Seriously- overtraining = no bueno. Overtraining = eventual workout dread.

Every so often, now, I'll be featuring a picture and some info about the members of the Affiliate Cup team. This is Storm, and yes, he's heard, many, many American Gladiator jokes, I'm sure, along with X-Men quips, so no need to be that guy. He works out in Tustin, and if you've seen his times/weights, you know not to mess with him.

Here's his profile:
1. Why did you start Crossfitting?
I started Olympic lifts and other crossfit type movements when I was running track at UCI. I didn't really start doing any serious type of crossfit until April of 2009 when I started with Steven.
Aside from the fact that it helps me stay in shape for my job, it gives me the opportunity to interact with people who share my passion of athletics. Also, have you noticed just how many beautiful females do crossfit?
2. Favorite WOD/movement?
Favorite lift: power clean
Favorite WOD: fran or diane
3. Least favorite WOD/movement?
Least favorite lift: dead lift (when we go over 300lbs)
Least favorite WOD: any time we have to carry the 45lbs plate and run
4. Favorite movie line?
自强不息! -- from the movie "Fearless"
5. Last book that you read?
I just finished "Angels and Demons" and I'm about half way through "Children of Men."
6. Bad manners or hooligan behaviors that bug you?
When a large group of high school football players take over the bench press.
(Thank God we don't have either high school football players or a bench press at our place).

16 comments:

Lizen said...

I'm all caught up! Sorry for not posting. Missing xfit!

Julie C. said...

5:30 a.m.

Jason w/25# vest 13:33
John 13:21
Kimmy 27:18
Drew 24:40
Rob 19:31
Dave 15:54
Wendy 15:54
Jacklyn 15:30
Lori 15:06

Anonymous said...

37's done wendy

Anonymous said...

Damn Lori!
Jenn

Julie C. said...

5:30 a.m.

Baseline

Gabriel 16:10

Julie C. said...

9:00 a.m.

Shoshana 13:58
Lisa 16:18
Joe 10:43
Alex 11:49
Luis 25# vest 11:34
Tyler 15:05

Baseline
Heather 13:38

thisoneguy said...

realized I forgot to put the link to the website for the running team I mentioned yesterday: http://www.solerunners.net/
I plan on running with the 1/2 marathon group, but working in some fartleks and intervals instead of always maintaining a steady pace like many people do.
If any of you have any questions about Sole Runners feel free to email me...
.matt.

jay said...

I know I'm late on this but 自强不息 would make a great crossfit t shirt

thisoneguy said...

i like it Jay... I won't ruin the fun for everyone else by putting a translation up, but when looking at the individual meaning of the characters I liked how the last two can be read as "incessantly" or even "as long as one has a breath in one's body"
(btw: google's translation sucks. www.nciku.com seemed much better)

Efren said...

37's done for

Efren & Adri

Carmen said...

37-37-37

Anonymous said...

Tustin 7 pm:
13:02 Jared
13:03 Garth
15:35 Monica
16:03 Paul
Small but mighty! :)

Anonymous said...

37s. Damn that hurt almost as much as the Lakers game. By that I'm mean it SUCKED.

Jahn

C U Next Tuesday. By that I mean see you next Tuesday, I'm going to Austin for Memorial Day weekend.

MikeV said...

6pm

Katherine 15:35
Jeff 18:00 row
Steve 17:55
David 17:21

7pm
Leonor 17:28
Matt 10:39
Lily 17:35

Luis said...

37's are done.

Mustafa said...

37