Thursday, September 25, 2008

WOD September 26, 2008


-1 day til FGB. Get on it! Or face the wrath of Fraph! (See yesterday's post for an explanation).
Anyhoo...
Overhead Squats
3-3-3-3-3
CHEST UP, people!!! Arms directly overhead, locked out at full extension.
And don't forget your pushups- 43, to be exact.
Here's a little incentive, to sweeten the FGB pot. All members of the pushup club will get a pass on Saturday's 44 pushups IF they do FGB. C'mon now! If you were on the fence, that should have made your decision for you! As if that wasn't enough, check out this info that Robert alerted me to: http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/disabled-iraq-war-vets-take-to-the-surf-in-north-carolina-wounded-warriors_18793/
Pictured is the guy from Crossfit Italia. I don't know about you, but personally, I'm disappointed. I expected less. Of a bathing suit, that is. Where are the speedos?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool article and photos of the disabled Iraq war vets surfing at Camp Lejeune. We need to be reminded of the fact that freedom is not free!

On a lighter note, a year ago my cholesterol level was 207 and the doctor wanted to put me on medication. Against the advice of the doctor and his recommended Rx, I took a dose of 360 Combat/CrossFit's Rx instead, and started eating egg whites and spinach. I'm happy to report that 1 year later I'm at a healthy 177. 1000 thank yous to everyone down at 360!

On an even lighter, but equally important note: Speedos are definitely BAD NEWS for all parties involved!

-Kirk

Anonymous said...

Kirk, you are awesome.
'Nuf said.
-Jenn

Anonymous said...

43 done!

Anonymous said...

43 done...i will not be able to do the fgb due to a back injury from shoveling air.good for you kirk!! hopefully i will see you poods next week.

GO ANGELS!!!

Anonymous said...

43 done. I can't wait for FGB. I'm particularly excited about the pood portion of the workout. You can never have too many poods!

Anonymous said...

43 done..

John W

Anonymous said...

We had some impressive form today on the overhead squats. Lookout for Kim she is an animal at this workout good job!!

Jeremy
85-95-105-135-115
Marissa
45-65-75-75-75
Paty
35-35-35-35-35
Jesse
45-65-75-75-65
Paul
55-65-75-85-75
Roger
70-70-70-70-70
Kim
65-75-85-85-55

Anonymous said...

43 pushups...a modest preparation for tomorrow, i know. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the FGB and to pushing ourselves over the edge.

LET'S F'N DO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

43 done. Great job Kirk. In San Diego this weekend so I won't be around for FGB, but I will go surfing early tomorrow in honor of the surfing war vets.

Anonymous said...

41, 42, and 43 completed.
Ben

Anonymous said...

43 all done

Anonymous said...

43 done

Good luck at FGB guys! I hope that beer taste AMAZING

Mustafa said...

43!

Anonymous said...

and yet again I am behind 40+41+42+43...