Friday, October 3, 2008

October 4, 2008 Rest/Skills/Makeup


...or get to know the new guy in town, The Rower. He seems friendly at first, but like an abusive boyfriend turns on you at a certain point. After the abuse, fortunately, there is a Honeymoon Period (when you are finished).
What's better than 50 pushups? 51!
Make the most of these days gang. Several people got their kips for the first time on Wednesday, which was AWESOME! These days are your chance to work a little one on one with the instructors, set goals for yourself, and improve the weak points in your game.
I also wanted to suggest that you guys check out this link: http://www2.creighton.edu/fileadmin/user/medicine/images/Creighton_FIRST/s_Stages_of_Change_Theory.pdf. It's a mile long, so you might want to cut and paste. It's a great synopsis of the Stages of Change theory, created by Prochaska and DiClemente at URI (my alma matter:) Check it out and identify where you fall. You can think about it not only in terms of fitness, but all areas of your life; professional, relationships, health, happiness. If you think you land in precontemplation, or one of the other early stages, think about why, and what you can do to shift toward action.
Check out the FGB crew! I know we're looking in different directions, but it was madness! The paparazzi were everywhere!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

51 done

Mustafa said...

51, son. I don't know anything about abusive boyfriends (though I have some experience with crazy girlfriends), so I left the Rower alone. Saw Deeanna and Luis finishing up some exercises, while Jason H. did plenty of twenties today. I worked on stuff I like, and stuff I don't like:

20-15-10
GHD situps (like)
kettlebells (hard, but I like)
wallball (don't like during FGB)

I was going to time it, ah but what the heck.

Anonymous said...

WOD "Twenty is Plenty"
13:09 + 51 pushups
I did the workout at the fire station today and made 4 other firemen do it with me. These guys may run into burning buildings while everyone is running out but they whined like little girls today. I apologize to little girls!

Mustafa said...

LOL, Andy, ROFLMAO!!! Way to push 'em!

Anonymous said...

LOL Andy- you should bring them by! Share the fun and amusement!
-Jenn

Anonymous said...

We had a couple people make up the twenty is plenty today. Good job on this one guys.

Sean 12:00
Deeanna 12:09
Jason 24:35

We also has Luis and Mustafa working on just about everything you could think of. See you guys next week.

Anonymous said...

51 done....

Anonymous said...

51 are done

Anonymous said...

50 and 51.

Anonymous said...

51...it's all downhill from here right? What do you mean 52 tomorrow? I guess it's all uphill then.

Anonymous said...

all caught up