Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rest, already, you maniacs!!


A mere 66 pushups is all that is required of you this fine day. Looks like you guys all did awesome yesterday! I was able to see it thanks to Steve's uncannily skilled production capabilities- check out the Football Follies video. It is so good! Steve is putting a video up per week- so be sure to check them out. Want to do it the long way? All you've got to do is go to Youtube and search "Crossfit360."
You guys must be hungry after that workout. Anybody like fried chicken? Me too- here's a good low-fat recipe for a baked version. Yes, it's from Martha Stewart- pipe down! So she's a felon. She knows her way around a kitchen. I've made this before, with a few modifications- use white meat chicken and low fat buttermilk to make it even lower in fat, I used whole wheat bread crumbs because I don't have the patience to crush up corn flakes, and finally, I have no idea what Old Bay spice is, so I went without it. This is good stuff!
Thanks Mustafa for teaching me how to put links in my text!
I thought this might make you guys smile- it's from a blog run by an IRR soldier in the Army who is serving in Iraq. While you're resting today, remember how good we have it!

7 comments:

Mustafa said...

Old Bay is simply THE most essential seasoning for any kind of shellfish cooking (e.g., crawdads, shrimp, lobster, crab, clams). If you go to New Orleans, or if you eat any cajun inspired seafood, you will definitely come across some Old Bay. Not a heavy enough can for me to work into a WOD (2oz.), but Mmmm, Mmmmm good seasoning!

Um ... somebody needs to post some results, please!

Still smarting from yesterdays follies, and stil SUPER proud of my teammate (see inset), so I did 66 for me and 66 in honor of her too! NYEH! :-p

Anonymous said...

65 and 66 done...there was no way i could of done 65 after the follies. by the way i thought follies were funny things, there was nothing funny about that workout. (except for moose getting caught for cheating) i know it was the zebra's.

Anonymous said...

65 & 66 done today. I couldn't even count to 65 after the follies from hell. It was fun though. In a crossfit/torture kind of a way.

Anonymous said...

64,65,66 all done

Anonymous said...

66 done

Anonymous said...

66 are done!!!!

Anonymous said...

66. Good times.