Sunday, October 26, 2008

WOD October 27, 2008


"Christine"
3 rounds for time:
500 m row or 400 m run
12 Deadlifts (Rx'd is body weight, but of course, scale this as needed!)
21 box jumps (Rx'd is 21" box, but see above)
Strict Christine is rowing, but we have only one rower, so you'll have to fight amongst yourselves. Personally I think using the 400 m run instead is nothing to sneeze at!
+75 pushups! Yes- three fourths of the way there!
Here's a question I get quite frequently: "What's wrong with you?" But here's one I get almost as often that is more pertinent to Crossfit: "How do I know if I'm doing too much or not enough weight during these dual or triple modality days? Should I be going for a faster time with less weight, or a slower time with more weight?" Alas, there is no perfect answer. At extremes, the answer is evident- if you finish this workout in four minutes, you should probably do more weight. If you finish it in four hundred minutes, you need to do less! My best answer is, sometimes you should be going for time and other times for weight- but try to reconcile yourself with this beforehand. Once you are at a fast time with relatively good weight, start working towards the rx. Or, if you can do the rx, but slowly (within reason), work it! But don't get down on yourself if you see your time as slower than everyone else's. During any given workout, you should feel challenged- so if you're still zooming through in round three, you need to adjust something next time- higher box maybe? Or heavier deadlift. Note that I said challenged, not demoralized. Although Crossfit is humbling, don't work against yourself by assigning yourself to an impossible weight or time.
The fighters, in case you are wondering, did awesome! Be sure to congratulate Mike, Steve, Brandon, Ranier, and Greg when you see them. Their dedication and commitment is automatic inspiration to all of us.
Well, I've got a funny NYC busdriver story, but I've written so much- I'll save it for tomorrow. Cliffhanger!
Hey Jimmy- not sure if you're checking the blog while you're laid up, but if so, let us know how you are! This pic is kind of scary, no? Good for Halloween...

14 comments:

Mustafa said...

Apologies up front for the long post, because some people have complained (Josh!), but I was in Vegas watching our fighters KICK SOME ROYAL A** THIS WEEKEND!!!! Couldn’t post b-cuz I was using my phone and it wouldn’t let me enter the word verif.

WHAT A WEEKEND!!!

First things first: went up with Liz (Gondos rock!) and Lisa (Mighty Eagles soar!) on Friday. In keeping with the Vegas theme did a total DIY WOD on Saturday morn that I call “7-11’s” with a special warm up (for luck for our fighters).

Warm up: 1400 m. run (2-7s, but mainly b-cuz the block around my hotel seemed to never end!), 11 sec sampson stretches, 11 ps-ups, 11 situps, 7 pl-ups on Las Vegas blvd (using the “walk/don’t walk” sign horizontal posts), 7 dips (on adjacent traffic control box), 14 squats (2-7s).

Then the WOD: 11 rounds
7 decline push-ups
7 dips
7 situps
7 leg thrusts
7 squats
7 burpees
7 box jumps
Special equipment: hotel desk chair (for dips and bj’s - bom chikka bom bom!) and pillow for situps. Time - 28:32

Next Episode: FIGHT!

Mustafa said...

FIGHT CLUB!

360 ROCKS!!!!! All of our fighters were AWESOME!!!! We got robbed on one fight, but even though, OUR FIGHTERS ROCKED LAS VEGAS!!!!

My overall impression: 360 fighters had FAR BETTER CONDITIONING THAN ANYBODY! CrossFit WORKS!!!

Michael started the parade and just dominated! Renier followed and brought home another win! Taryn was sitting with us commentating, which is always fun ( I miss you Taryn! :-( And then we had the food crisis. Stuart got sick after eating at M. Toddy's the first time (and Toddy's is NOWHERE as clean as our school), so I had to run interference before Paul took a bite of a spring roll. Jeannie brought Twizzlers, then I smuggled in a big bag of peanuts, so we were covered. Victoria and friend Alissa gave major support. PLUS Jeff and his totally cool parents sat with us and gave up major love. Did I mention that "Bar Kick Ass" George and "Black Widow" Jeannie were there too?

Greg was AWESOME - (beautiful jabs and crosses) but took a cross that led to a nose bleed that stopped the fight (I think his blood was just too hopped up on conditioning and just didn't want to stop!)

Steven put on a TOTAL clinic (freakin BEAUTIFUL straights and and a 3rd round DOMINATING knock down!!!) against a guy who was tough but who could learn from Steven, no less, in the skills department. Toddy gave it to the other guy, but we all scored it for Steven, even without the bias. STEVEN ROCKKKKKKKEDDDDDDDD!

Brandon just scared me. I iced my knees when I got to the hotel because I didn't want them to hurt on the way to the hospital. AND I WAS JUST WATCHING THOSE KICKS! Another "W" for 360.

I love our school, I love our students, and I love our fighters. 360 REPRESENTS!!!!!

P.S. Alan is just the best corner man you could ever wish for. I already admire him for being a consummate kick-ass guy/instructor/coach, so what do I do with all of this additional admiration?!?!?!?!?!? Dr. Jenn, I'm gonna need some counseling.

Anonymous said...

The fights were awesome, great jobs boys!We most had the most supportive group of people there. It was nice seeing everyone that came out.After going to Master Toddy's I realized how clean our facilities are. 360 is the best!

P.S
John i find your long posts amusing.Keep it up.

- Victoria

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the fighters freakin' rocked!!! Way to represent 360!!! I HAVE to go to the next fight!!! Why am I using so many exclamation marks!!!

OK, my captcha says 'munton', I think that will be the name of my WOD, haha.

Anonymous said...

http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100217215&Gt1=31037

I don't know if this will work, but here's a link to another CrossFit article. No cult references in this one.

Mustafa said...

Here's a photo of Steven - the real victor of that fight! I'm going to post some others in the days to come, but maybe Dr. Jenn can do better if I send her copies.

73 and 74, done! Can't wait to meet Christine tonight after Krav.

Anonymous said...

CHRISTINE
5:30AM
Diana-19:53(65#/row)
9AM
Luis-11:18(rxd/run)
Kim-12:20(rxd/row)
Arthur-12:16(rxd/run)
BABY KELLY
Brian-20:55
11AM
Rob-15:34(rxd/row)
Lisa-12:56(65#/run)
Robin-12:02(rxd/run)

PUSH TOURSELF, DON'T PACE YOURSELF!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the support this weekend guys. It was amazing to see how many people showed. And yes I heard you guys yelling. Who couldn't? You guys put the other fans to shame. It was lots of fun. And mustafa can you email pics of the fight when you have time. I couldn't take many in the ring. Michael@crossfit.com

Anonymous said...

74 done again.

Anonymous said...

Good Job Fight Team!!!! Thanks for the commentary and pictures John, felt like I was there. Push ups are all caught up, usually do 80 because I can't remember what number we're on, but next week we'll be in the 80's!

Anonymous said...

6PM
CHRISTINE
DeeAnna-23:03ish (105#/run)
Chris-10:27 (rxd/run)
Katherine-17:50ish (75#/run)
Lily- 17:25 (75#/run)
Peter- 21:20ish (rxd/row)
Jason- DNF/booboo'd his ankle

OK, to clarify...The 'ish' after some of the times accounts for a pause in action when Jason took a little tumble after hurting his snkle. See, our crossfitters aren't a bunch of mean a**holes, we do care about each other. Everyone took a few minuted out of their workout to make sure Jason was OK. Ice up and rest up J!

7PM INTRO
What a great turnout! Be on the lookout for some new faces tearing it up...
BABY KELLY
Lindberg- 16:38 30/20/20
Jude- 15:30 15/20 (2 rounds)
Vernaye- 27:34 30/20/20
Scott- 14:41 30/20/20
Irene- 24:24 30/30/30
Way to go first timers!!!

Anonymous said...

74 done

Joey said...

74 pushups over.. not 75 you! i wish though..

Do we have video of our fightS!????
I really want to see

jim said...

74 done. Word confirmation o' the day: Ostlycho. I think that's a childhood bone disease . . .