Saturday, October 25, 2008

REST + 73


A lazy Sunday with only 73 pushups required. Upon reflection, I realized that there are many people who may live an entire lifetime without doing 73 pushups. And a much greater number who will never do 5,050.
Brief update on the fighters- everybody made weight. The fights start tonight (Saturday) at 7.
Speaking of fitness and fighting, it's also a UFC night. I used to dislike Anderson Silva- I would grudgingly admit that he's good, but I didn't like him because he reminded me of the Williams Sisters in tennis- too good. He removed the fun from watching because you knew he was going to mop the floor with his opponent- like Venus and Serena in tennis (unless they played each other). But after watching the UFC All Access on him, he seems like a very cool guy who lives life to the fullest. And he is a hard worker- training relentlessly for hours at a time- talk about fit! He seems to throw himself fully into whatever he is doing- which is something to aspire to. So even though I like Patrick Cote, I'm rooting for Anderson. There are a lot of other good fights on the card tonight too. No matter what your opinions on the brutality of the sport, you have to agree that these guys (well, except for Butterbean) are elite athletes.
Here's a pic of Mike at his last grappling tournament- I wanted to post it in honor of his fight tonight (Saturday night). I don't have a pic of Steve; otherwise it would be up too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

71 and 72 are done...could not do my pushups on friday due the wod on thrusday,you know 120 burpess and 120 pullups. yeah that B.S. i did row 200 meters today (saturday)man rowing is tough, is there anything in crossfit that is remotely easy?? but if there was it would not be a challege, then what's the point.

Anonymous said...

Actually you rowed 2000 meters today, Jason. Awesome work!

Anonymous said...

Ran a 5k/3 miles in 22:36 and a couple of pushups too...

Anonymous said...

74 done

Anonymous said...

73 done...hey there dr j it's 74 pushups on monday not 75. i know it was the jet lag from new york. it get's me to. thanks jason A for spotting my type'o.it was 2000 not 200,and thanks for pushing me through that

Anonymous said...

72 and 73 done.

Anonymous said...

73 are done!!!!!!