Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rest, Make-up, or Skills


Got skills? Sure you do. Mad skills! LOL. But we all have stuff we need to work on. Remember, skill day isn't just about working at a technique that you haven't perfected yet. It can also be about working on an area of your body that needs help- like maybe you aren't so good at running... need to develop that cardio capacity. So use today to run. Maybe those shoulders need some help- so do some presses. You can perfect your technique while you're at it. It's tempting to come in and do something you like or are already good at. For me, it's situps. They're my favorite- I'd be happy to do the GHD machine all day long. My nemesis? Back squat. I always want to tip forward. So what do I do on skill day? The squats, of course, until they become my friend, and I move onto a new challenge! What are you going to work on?
Hey Greg- hope all those dips got your arms in shape for Saturday... good luck!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blackjack today, meaning my pushups are done! 69 and counting.

Anonymous said...

5:30AM
Blackjack
Victoria-31:42
Larry-21:27
Nancy-23:18
John-21:16(2nd half)
Modified Kelly(1st timer)
Erika-21:17
9AM
Blackjack
Jim-14:18 SICK!
Kelly
Jeremy-28:46
Chuckie-35:00
Luis & Arthur did a great job improving their cleans
11AM
Blackjack
Brian-39:13
Kelly
Dee-40:41
Lisa-Great job on the squats and pushups!

Kim Ball said...

Great job this week, you guys!
Hey...
I'm putting a group together for the San Diego Mud Run on Sunday, Nov 16th. Anyone interested in gettin' dirty and having some fun??

Oh, and check out Steve's goofy mug on my blog... (just kidding, Steve!) www.deliberatemovement.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

69 pushups done.

Mustafa said...

Like rust, Moose never sleeps ... unless he's tired. Yes, the body does require some rest every once in a while, so I just did that lightweight ancillary thing to CrossFit today. What's it called? There's a lot of hitting and kicking to the groin involved...Italian guy teaches it...(he's pretty good, too)...whatever; it'll come to me.

69 and I'm doing fine.

I'm going to pass on the obvious reference (what? I was talking about the song "1969" by Iggy and the Stooges!) and note that 1969 saw the Summer of Love. Peace, man.

Anonymous said...

6PM
Kelly
Kirk-29:25
Lily-26:18(3 rounds)

Where was everyone else? I know yesterday was tough, but we can all improve technique on something...(kipping pullups, GHD, ring dips, cleans, presses, deadlifts...just to name a few)

We had some great classes earlier this week. Let's keep up the great work all!!!

69 is just too easy to make an inappropriate comment, but the pushups are in.

Anonymous said...

69 done.. oooh yeahhh

p.s. kyle wasn't part of it this time.. well actually half..

Anonymous said...

69!

Anonymous said...

69 done